Dopo lo scoop di alcuni giorni fa (con il quale abbiamo anticipato di 36-48 ore i principali siti internet di modellismo internazionali) ecco altre informazioni e immagini del nuovo Desert Truck presentato dalla Kyosho America. La caratteristica più interessante di questo Truck in scala 1/10 è che l’80% dei pezzi della DST e della DBX sono compatibili su questo nuovo automodello! L’uscita, come avevamo anticipato, è prevista per l’inizio di marzo 2009: appena dopo la fiera del giocattolo e del modellismo di Norimberga.
Il DRT riesce ad affrontare senza problemi i salti più alti ed è utilizzabile in qualunque sterrato o in una pista da buggy 1/8.
Il 2009 sembra essere l’anno dei Desert Truck (vedi Associated SC8 e i Traxxas Slayer e Slash) che, almeno negli USA, rivaleggiano la popolarità del Rock Crawling specialmente fra i modellistici più giovani!
Press Release ufficiale
Caratteristiche principali del Kyosho DRT.
- Real full time 4WD for superior running power, handling and full domination of all terrain. The differentials and drive gears are contained with the bulkheads, which protects the drivetrain from debris. It’s a more advanced and durable drive system than belt drive, which requires less maintenance and produces superior performance.
- The DRT is almost completely factory assembled. Trained technicians build the car from the ground up, so it’s virtually ready to go right out of the box – even the body is painted, expertly detailed and the decals are installed exactly as you see it on box. Simply add fuel and some alkaline batteries needed to power the transmitter, receiver and glow igniter and you’re ready for action.
- New GXR .18 now delivers monster torque and power.
- Includes newly designed 105cc fuel tank to supply the large 18-size engine. Delivers stable fuel supply even under severe driving conditions. Can deliver run times of more than 10 minutes.
- Lower suspension arms are both the same front and rear, this takes out all the guess work with part numbers.
- Kyosho bodies are made from high quality polycarbonate and come pre-painted, pre- decaled and pre- mounted.
- Front / rear and left / right suspension arms, front / rear knuckles and front / rear shock stays are all interchangeable. Newly designed suspension with maintenance-friendly ball connect system.
- Dirt-proof radio box protects the receiver and battery box from the outside elements. It can be attached or removed from the chassis with just four screws for easy maintenance.
- A new two-channel radio is included with the GT2. The radio features throttle and steering trim adjustments, dual-rate to simultaneously increase or reduce left and right steering travel, and servo reversing switches for both channels. The servos are the digital variety for superior response.
- The drive shafts run through the center for chassis to give you better lower CG and optimum weight balance.
- Design features multi-point setting adjustments such as chassis height, camber, tread, front and rear toe-in etc.
- Brake disks are equipped in the front and back of the center differentials providing reliable braking power.
- Equipped with large capacity oil shocks as standard. Soaks up bumps with ease and secures smooth jump landings. Features dial adjustable chassis height setting.
Lascia un commento