La Losi ha appena presentato il Race Roller: un nuovo automodello 1:8 pensato per il dirt oval racing, un tipo di modellismo dinamico tipicamente americano. Ovviamente si tratta di una macchina RC destinata a una disciplina motoristica praticamente insesistente al di fuori del territorio americano, però siamo convinti che sarebbe divertente poter provare il dirt oval racing o magari il CORR!
Ecco la scheda di presentazione ufficiale della Team Losi:
1/8 L8IGHT Model Race Roller
At a Glance
The 1/8-scale L8IGHT Model Race Roller is professionally developed and tuned specifically for dirt oval racing. Featuring realistic appearance and performance features modeled after full-scale dirt oval vehicles, the L8IGHT model is a completely assembled dirt oval race roller in one box.
The L8IGHT Model features front and rear shock towers that were specifically designed for dirt oval racing. These shock towers allow specific adjustments for different styles of dirt oval tracks and for both foam and rubber tires. The aluminum big-bore shocks are filled with silicone fluid and use precision coil springs designed for dirt oval racing.
This vehicle utilizes adjustable, oversized molded body mounts to securely hold the large body in place and to better endure wall bumps and impacts from other cars during racing. These body mounts also allow you to easily adjust for both tire sizes/types and track conditions. The molded front bumper and foam reinforcements help to absorb shocks and protect the front-end from crash impacts.
The L8IGHT Model also features a Late Model aerodynamic body. This body was designed to provide stability with excellent steering and tracking characteristics. Front grill and headlight decals as well as window masks to paint the body are included with the vehicle. Low profile GRP rubber racing tires mounted on Losi wheels provide the traction needed for oval racing and will meet proposed “Spec” racing rules.
- Professionally developed and tuned specifically for dirt oval racing
- Features the ingenious design and superior materials of the 8IGHT for superior and proven quality
- A completely assembled dirt oval race roller chassis in one box
- Modeled after the full-scale vehicle for realistic appearance and performance characteristics
- The dirt oval specific shock towers allow specific adjustments for different styles of dirt oval tracks
- The 15mm aluminum big-bore shocks filled with silicone fluid use special coil springs developed for dirt oval racing
- Molded front bumper and foam reinforcements help absorb shocks and crash impacts for greater front end protection
- Utilizes adjustable, oversized molded body mounts to securely hold the body in place to endure wall banging and impacts during racing
- The aerodynamic Dirt Late Model style body provides stability with excellent steering and tracking characteristics
- Decals for the front grill and headlights, as well as window masks to paint the body are included with the vehicle
- Low profile GRP rubber racing tires mounted on Losi wheels provide needed traction and meet proposed “Spec” racing rules
Type:Competition Dirt Oval Race Roller
Width:12.13 inches (308 mm)
Wheelbase:12.64 – 12.80 inches (321 – 325 mm)
Tire Type:Losi/GRP Tires
Motor or Engine:.21 Buggy Engine Not Included
Shock Type:15mm Aluminum Big-Bore
Body:Clear Lexan, Dirt Late Model Style
Needed to Complete
.21 Buggy Engine
Tuned Exhaust System
2 channel radio system w/high torque servos
Paint for polycarbonate bodies
Losi recommends these products:
GRP Mario Rossi Tuned .21 Buggy Engine – LOSR2000
GRP Tuned Pipe – LOSR2049
8IGHT/T Starter Box – LOSA99061
Glow Driver and Charger – LOSB5221
500cc Fuel Bottle – LOSB5201